Center for Water and the Environment
CWE carries out advanced research, education, design and planning in water resources and environmental management in Texas, across the United States, and internationally.
- We are the central focus for environment and water research at The University of Texas.
- We work with other institutions in Texas and around the world to address complex environmental issues.
- We share results of advanced research with government, industry and other educational institutions.
- We educate students, involve them in applied research, and provide support to lead the advancement of water resources and environmental management.
Paola Passalacqua, Associate Professor in the Cockrell School of Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, is starting a new collaborative research project with the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and the University of Delaware.
Mineral Alteration of Shales by CO2 and Brine Containing Surfactants
Charles J. Werth, Professor in the Cockrell School of Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, has announced the funding of this new project. Werth will be working together with Co-Investigator Kishore Mohanty, also a Professor in the Cockrell School of Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, as well as Dr. Lynn Katz in the Cockrell School.
Meet CWE Researchers
The CWE research team is comprised of esteemed University of Texas professors, research scientists, engineers, and others who are leaders in their respective fields. Collectively they are are conducting innovative and diverse research projects to better the environment and positively impact our world. Meet the Researchers
CWE is actively conducting research on more than 35 projects in the areas of:
- Climate Adaptation and Management
- Education and Outreach
- Environmental Technology and Resource Recovery
- Pollutant Exposure Impacts and Remediation
- Water and Environmental Management